- September 1st, 2011UnfeaturedThis simple yogurt cake is incredibly easy to make and perfect for almost any occasion. Add a mound of fresh berries to the top and you’ve made a healthy and memorable treat.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
1 cup cane sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup expeller-pressed canola oil, and a little more for oiling the pan
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups fresh berries as a garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil a 9-inch cake pan and cover the bottom with a circle of parchment paper. Don’t forget to oil the paper as well; set the pan aside.
2. Next, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In a second bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil, and the almond and vanilla extracts. Then, gently blend the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top has formed a thin, golden-brown crust. Cake should be just firm in the middle when finished.
5. Cool for ten minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan and peel off the parchment paper. Allow it to continue cooling before slicing and serving with fresh berries.