- November 1st, 2013
The holidays tend to leave many people frazzled. Lots of family means lots of food, which always leads to lots of hassle. But if you choose to make a few raw appetizers, your work load will be lightened the day of, and your guests will never know the difference.
- October 1st, 2013FeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeekly
2 cups raw walnuts
¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup Rich and Creamy Melt, softened until pourable
Organic strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until a fine meal is formed. Place the walnut meal and the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients, except the Melt Organic, to the walnut meal mixture. Blend well with a hand mixer. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the Melt Organic. Mix well. Using an ice cream size scoop, make eight even balls of dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With your thumb or a teaspoon, make deep well in the center of each scone. Fill each well with one teaspoon strawberry jam. Bake 23-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and the dough springs back when pressed lightly. Cool on pan for five minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container up to three days or freeze up to three months. Source: Melt Chef Cygnia Rapp; meltbutteryspread.com
- November 1st, 2011
- April 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsweetened hemp or rice milk
1 apple, diced
1 cup blueberries or other berries
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Agave syrup (optional)
1. Add quinoa, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a small pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the water has been absorbed.
2. Add milk, and simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Stir in apple, berries, and nuts. Remove from heat.
3. Let sit covered for 10 minutes while the porridge thickens. Drizzle with agave before serving if desired.
nutrition info per serving: 307 calories; 14 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g protein; 40 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 159 mg sodium