- March 1st, 2009Unfeatured
2 tablespoons butter
6 oz quality dark chocolate
(approximately 1 1/2 bars)
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup 2 percent low-fat milk
3 tablespoons agave nectar or brown rice syrup
1?3 cup rice flour
1/2 cup coarsely ground or chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, gently melt butter and chocolate, stirring regularly. Add cocoa powder, and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, agave nectar or syrup, and rice flour. Fold in chocolate mixture. Stir in nuts.
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 35 minutes in a 9-inch pie plate. Torte will pull back slightly from sides. Serve with low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt. Best chilled at least one hour.
nutrition info per serving (12): 192 calories; 11.8 g fat; 5.2 g saturated fat; 77.5 mg cholesterol; 4.9 g protein; 19.6 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g fiber; 27.2 mg sodium