- November 1st, 2010Unfeatured
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 large eggs
1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (73 percent cacao)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond-four mixture until thoroughly combined, then fold in the chocolate.
3. Drop the batter—in scant, 1/4 cups, 2-inches apart—onto the prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, until golden brown or a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean. Let the scones cool for 30 minutes on the baking sheets. Serve cold or warm.
Reprinted with permission from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More. Copyright © 2009 by Elana Amsterdam, Celestial Arts, An imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA. Photo Credit: Annabelle Breakey