- October 1st, 2009Unfeatured
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 large leaves of red chard
3/4 cup cooked brown sushi rice
8 1-ounce slices of sushi-grade, raw ahi tuna
8 slices of ripe papaya, about the same size as the ahi slices
1 avocado, sliced into eighths
1 ounce of microgreens or sprouts, evenly divided for four rolls
4 roughly chopped macadamia nuts
1. Place onion, vinegar, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl, and set aside.
2. Lightly steam the chard leaves for 2 minutes. Run under cool water, and pat dry. Stack 2 leaves on top of each other with the underside up and the thick side of the stems closest to you. Fill the center with 2 to 3 tablespoons of rice, flush with the thick edge of the stem, leaving the upper half of the leaf empty.
3. Add 2 slices each of ahi, papaya, and avocado. Top with microgreens and one chopped macadamia, and fold the sides together and the bottom of the leaf up over them. Repeat with remaining chard leaves.
4. Spoon onion-soy mixture inside and serve.
nutrition info per serving (4): 220.3 calories, 10.8 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 15.3 g protein, 18.4 g carbohydrates, 4.4 g fiber, 720 mg sodium