- May 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 (12.3-ounc) packages silken tofu, drained
4 ounces quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
Additional berries and mint leaves for garnish
1. Place honey, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, 1/2 cup gently washed raspberries, and tofu in a blender or food processor, and combine until smooth.
2. Melt chocolate over low heat in a double boiler or saucepan, and stir until smooth. Gently fold melted chocolate into tofu mexture.
3. Divide remaining raspberries and place in the bottom of each of 6 glasses or serving bowls; top with mousse. Cover and chill for 1 hour or more. If desired, top with more raspberries and garnish with mint leaves.
Nutritional analysis: 300 calories; 12 g fat; 6 g saturated far; 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g protein; 44 g carbohydrates; 7 g fiber; 13 mg sodium
- February 1st, 2008Unfeatured
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raspberry jam
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 to 2 small canned chipotle
6 cups mixed baby greens
1 cup dried plums (prunes),
1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
4 ounces goat feta cheese
1. In a blender, combine olive oil, jam, vinegar, and chipotle peppers; purée until smooth, and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine greens, plums, and walnuts. Add just enough dressing (about half), and toss to mix.
3. Divide among four salad plates, and top with goat cheese. Serve immediately.
nutrition info per serving (4): 349 calories; 19 g fat; 6 g saturated fat; 25 mg cholesterol; 9 g protein; 7 g fiber; 357 mg sodium