- October 1st, 2010Unfeatured
4 bunches collard greens, leaves removed and chopped
4 carrots, grated
1 medium cucumber
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup raw almond butter
2 teaspoons Dr. Fuhrman's Riesling Raisin Vinegar (optional; available at drfuhrman.com)
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 cup currants (optional)
1. Steam collard greens for 15 minutes. Add grated carrots and steam another 5 minutes.
2. Blend all sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add sauce to collards and carrots, and toss. If desired, stir in currants. Serve warm.
nutrition info per serving: 238 calories; 14 g fat; 8 g saturated fat; 86 mg cholesterol; 11 g protein; 19 g carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 162 mg sodium
- February 1st, 2009Unfeatured
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup raisins
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cups skim milk (or nondairy alternative)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, mashed (microwave 20 seconds if not very ripe)
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl and create a well in the center.
2. Whisk together wet ingredients, and pour into the well and blend.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium–high heat, and cover with non-stick spray. Pour 1/4 cup portions onto pan and cook approximately 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
nutrition info (per pancake): 93.4 calories; 0.7 g fat; 0.2 g saturated fat; 0.5 mg cholesterol; 3.6 g protein; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g fiber; 163.1 mg sodium