- September 1st, 2014
Containing more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, this beauty fruit is full of skin-supporting nutrients to maintain your healthy glow as you enjoy the last days of summer.
- February 1st, 2012UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeekly
1 mango, chopped
16 ounces mango puree juice
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
¼ cup rice vinegar
8 green peppers, chilled, tops removed and seeds removed, using these as “bowls”.
1 jalapeno chopped
1 seedless cucumber, sliced in strips and lightly drizzled with rice vinegar for garnish
Juice of one lime
Cilantro leaves for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients into large bowl; mix well.
Recipe taken from The Kardea Gourmet by Richard Collins, MD, Robert Leighton, and Susan Buckley, RD.
- December 1st, 2008Unfeatured
1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed mango cubes
1 Serrano chile, seeded and minced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
4 teaspoons low-sodium
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 10-ounce bag baby
1. To make salsa, in a medium bowl combine mango, chile, onion, cilantro, and lime; stir to mix. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Place salmon fillets, flesh side down, in a skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until lightly browned. Turn fillets over and place in skillet, skin side down. Sprinkle fish with soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add 1/2 inch of water to skillet, cover, and cook on medium until fish is opaque, 6 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove fish from the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add spinach to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until just wilted. Remove spinach and divide among four individual plates. Top each plate with a salmon fillet; garnish with salsa.
nutrition info per serving (4): 366 calories; 18 g fat; 3 g saturated fat; 92 mg cholesterol; 37 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 311 mg sodium