- July 9th, 2014UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeeklyJuly is National Ice Cream Month!
2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
1 cup fat-free milk
2/3 cup organic palm sugar
½ cup eggs, lightly beaten
¼ teaspoon almond extract, or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen peaches
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Stir in peaches. Pour mixture into a freezer container of a 2-quart hand-turned or electric churn. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Pack churn with additional ice and rock salt, and let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
- September 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1 pound fresh and pitted or frozen and partially thawed cherries
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
2 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
1. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash cherries, lemon juice, and vanilla. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally. Pour hot water in a bowl, and set closed honey jar in water to thin texture.
2. In a food processor, puree coconut milk and half of cherry mixture. Add honey and process until smooth. In a bowl, combine puree with remaining cherry mixture.
3. Place bowl in freezer, stirring occasionally, until cold, but not frozen, about 45 minutes.
4. Put in ice cream maker; follow directions.
5. Place scoops of ice cream in serving dishes and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
nutrition info per serving: 452 calories; 33 g fat; 29 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 21 mg sodium