- October 1st, 2014UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeeklyDitch the French onion dip and go for this guac that’s loaded with fresh, healthy ingredients.
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pits removed
1 tomato, chopped into small pieces
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons green chili sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt to taste
Place the avocados in a small bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the tomato, onion, chili sauce, lime juice, and salt to taste and mix well.
Source: Simple Recipes for Joy: More Than 200 Delicious Vegan Recipes by Sharon Gannon
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- May 1st, 2014UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeeklySERVES: 4
2 ripe avocados
1 cup diced mango
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Cut the avocados in half, circling the center pit. Twist the halves to separate and then squeeze each half into a medium bowl. Coarsely mash the avocado flesh with a fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or chill, covered. Source: Fast and Simple Gluten-Free (Fair Winds Press) by Gretchen F. Brown, RD
- April 1st, 2012FeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeekly
1 small onion, chopped
1 tomato, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
Peel avocados and mash them in a small mixing bowl. Mix in onion, tomato, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. To give it an extra kick, we mixed in a small amount of Brother Bru-Bru's chili pepper sauce. Chill and serve on fish tacos or with organic chips.
- September 1st, 2009Unfeatured
5 ounces fresh green beans or frozen small whole green beans
1/2 cup reduced-fat firm or extra-firm silken tofu
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chunky no-sugar-added tomato salsa
1. Cook the green beans and lima beans in enough water to cover for about 5 minutes or just until tender but not mushy. Drain well, transfer to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
2. Add the tofu, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin and blend until smooth. Add the salsa and pulse briefly to mix. Scoop into a covered bowl and refrigerate.