- July 31st, 2012FeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeekly
1 1/2 pounds green beans,
trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
2 cups cherry tomato halves
2 large carrots, julienne-cut
Place beans and water in large saucepan. Cover, bring to boil. Set heat to low, simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off water, set aside. Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic salt, pepper, and basil. Add tomatoes and carrots. Stir gently just until soft. Pour tomato mixture over green beans, toss gently to blend. Makes 3 ½ cups.
- February 1st, 2012UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeekly
2 pounds slender green beans, trimmed
1 pound medium shallots
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
Cook beans in salted water until tender. Drain and transfer to cold water. Cut shallots lengthwise in half and remove peel. Melt butter and oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low. When shallots are browned and tender, season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix beans and shallots together; heat and serve.
- June 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed at both ends, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1 cup Greek–style yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
4 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat (about 1 cup)
1. Fill a large pot fitted with a colander with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add green beans and coarse sea salt to colander, and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Remove colander from pot. Rinse beans with cold water, drain, and pat dry with a clean towel.
3. Whisk yogurt, mustard, and fine sea salt in a large, shallow bowl. Add green beans, chives, apple, avocado, and crabmeat. Toss and serve.
nutrition info per serving: 220 calories; 9 g fat; 38 mg cholesterol; 20 g protein; 17 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 610 mg sodium