- August 31st, 2014UnfeaturedWeekly Recipe:NonWeeklyA healthy dose of protein, vitamins, and minerals make this dish great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
12 to 14 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced lengthwise
1 ¼ ounces dill
1 ¼ ounces cilantro
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
4 teaspoons sunflower oil or sunflower seed butter
1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bring a pan of water to a rolling boil, then boil asparagus for 1 minute; drain and run under cold water. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Thinly slice scallions, roughly chop dill and cilantro, and add all to egg mixture. Season with pink salt. Heat the oil in a nonstick, heavy-bottom, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Toss sesame seeds in skillet; when they just begin to brown, pour in the egg mixture. Arrange asparagus on top of egg mixture. Place skillet in oven for 15 minutes, or until egg is firm. Source: Reprinted with permission from Honestly Healthy For Life © 2014 by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson, Sterling Publishing Co, Inc. Photography by Lisa Linder.
- April 1st, 2008Unfeatured
1 onion, diced
1 bunch chard, chopped
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 cup smoked salmon, chopped
1. Sauté onion in olive oil. Add chard leaves, ribs removed, and cook until it wilts.
2. In a large bowl, mix with eggs, milk, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, fresh bread crumbs, chopped smoked salmon.
3. Bake in a 9-inch pan at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until set.