- October 28th, 2011UnfeaturedServes 6
2 cloves minced garlic
1 onion, diced
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 zucchini, sliced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 Japanese/Chinese eggplant, sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
8 egg whites
1. In a skillet, sauté garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to sauté over medium heat for another 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add eggplant and continue to sauté over medium heat until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and all the herbs. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add egg whites; cook until the whites are set but still moist.
5. Place scrambled eggs on a large plate and top with ratatouille.
nutrition info per serving: 194 calories; 12 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 1 mg cholesterol; 12 g protein; 11 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 543 mg sodium
- June 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1/2 cup fresh sawtooth or basil
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ground red pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
4 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
2 Japanese or baby eggplants, halved
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons soft feta cheese
2 medium red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, and seeded
1 cup arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Puree vinaigrette ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Lightly score the inside of the eggplants, drizzle with olive oil, and lay skin-side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with more olive oil and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Place eggplant halves face-up on four serving plates, season with salt and pepper, and divide feta cheese, roasted peppers, and arugula among the four halves. Drizzle with vinaigrette (you may have some left over). Serve open-faced.
nutrition info per serving: 548 calories; 27 g fat; 12 mg cholesterol; 6 g protein; 16 g carbohydrates; 4 g fiber; 453 mg sodium