- September 1st, 2011FeaturedWeekly Recipe:WeeklyAmp up the munchies at your next gathering with this easy guacamole recipe made memorable with the delicious addition of Greek yogurt.
Makes 2 cups
2 ripe avocados
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
Juice of one lime
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
Salt and pepper or Abodo and garlic pepper to taste
1. Peel avocado and remove seed. Mash avocado in a medium bowl, then add the Greek yogurt and mash again until smooth.
2. Mix in the onion, lime, Abodo, and garlic pepper (or salt and pepper) to taste. Then serve with chips or sliced vegetables and enjoy!
- April 1st, 2009Unfeatured
12-ounce block soft tofu, drained and patted dry
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons finely minced yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons mellow white miso
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender, and blend well.
2. Refrigerate for 2 hours, and serve with carrot and celery sticks, as well as colorful bell peppers and radishes.
nutrition info per serving: 47 calories; 2.1 g fat; .3 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 3.9 g protein; 3.7 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g fiber; 227.9 mg sodium
- January 1st, 2009Unfeatured
1 pound sweet potatoes, scrubbed
1 medium carrot, peeled
and thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, and roast for 50 minutes or until cooked through. Uncover, and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove the skin, and chop the potatoes into medium-size pieces.
2. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the carrot and onion, return to a boil, reduce the heat, simmer for 10 minutes. Do not drain; set aside.
3. In a food processor, combine the sweet potato, the carrot-onion mixture with the cooking liquid, and the remaining ingredients. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, till ready to serve or for up to three days.
nutrition info (per 1/4 cup): 63 calories; 0.9 g fat; 0.1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 1.2 g protein; 12.9 g