- October 1st, 2008Unfeatured
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons peeled, diced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, quartered, stems removed
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
6 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles
5 ounces spinach leaves, washed and torn
Salt and pepper to taste, optional
1. In a large pot, heat oil. Add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
2. Add broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, mushrooms, and chicken. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add noodles, and cook 4 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
4. Add spinach, and heat 2 minutes more.
Nutrition info per serving (4 to 6): 308.9 calories; 5.2 g fat; 0.9 g saturated fat; 74.8 mg cholesterol; 25.6 g protein; 40.2 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g fiber; 1,443.6 mg sodium