- December 1st, 2009Unfeatured
3 cups water
1 tablespoon cardamom pods and seeds (about 15)
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (or more to taste)
2 cinnamon sticks
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
4 teaspoons Assam black
1 1/2 cups milk
1. In a saucepan, bring water and spices to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, add tea, and steep for 8 minutes.
3. Strain the tea, discarding the leaves and spices, and return tea to the saucepan. Add milk and heat through. Serve with raw honey to taste.
Note: If you’re caffeine-sensitive, opt for decaf rooibos tea leaves, or omit the tea altogether and have spiced milk.
nutrition info per serving (using 2% milk)
50 calories; 1.9 g fat; 1.2 g saturated fat; 7.3 mg cholesterol; 3.1 g protein; 5.3 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g fiber; 37.8 mg sodium
- February 1st, 2008Unfeatured
1 small grapefruit
2 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Halve a small grapefruit, and use a small, sharp knife to loosen each section. Place cut side up in a shallow pan, drizzle each half with honey, and sprinkle with cardamom, cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground ginger. Broil for three minutes or until honey bubbles.