- September 1st, 2011FeaturedWeekly Recipe:WeeklyAmp up the munchies at your next gathering with this easy guacamole recipe made memorable with the delicious addition of Greek yogurt.
Makes 2 cups
2 ripe avocados
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
Juice of one lime
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
Salt and pepper or Abodo and garlic pepper to taste
1. Peel avocado and remove seed. Mash avocado in a medium bowl, then add the Greek yogurt and mash again until smooth.
2. Mix in the onion, lime, Abodo, and garlic pepper (or salt and pepper) to taste. Then serve with chips or sliced vegetables and enjoy!
- June 1st, 2010Unfeatured
1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed at both ends, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1 cup Greek–style yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
4 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cubed
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
8 ounces cooked lump crabmeat (about 1 cup)
1. Fill a large pot fitted with a colander with water. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Add green beans and coarse sea salt to colander, and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Remove colander from pot. Rinse beans with cold water, drain, and pat dry with a clean towel.
3. Whisk yogurt, mustard, and fine sea salt in a large, shallow bowl. Add green beans, chives, apple, avocado, and crabmeat. Toss and serve.
nutrition info per serving: 220 calories; 9 g fat; 38 mg cholesterol; 20 g protein; 17 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 610 mg sodium