3 cups almonds
4 cups water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons yacón syrup
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, plus a pinch for garnish
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1. Place almonds in a large bowl with enough water to cover. Soak overnight.
2. Discard soaking water, and rinse almonds in a strainer or bowl repeatedly until water is clear.
3. Place almonds and 4 cups water in a food processor and blend on high speed for 90 seconds.
4. Strain through a fine mesh bag or cheesecloth, discard solids.
5. Place liquid almond milk in a 1/2-gallon mason jar; add vanilla, agave, yacón, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Shake well. Refrigerate until cold and serve with additional nutmeg for garnish.
Reprinted with permission from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More. Copyright © 2009 by Elana Amsterdam, Celestial Arts, An imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA.