Salmon Dill Soup
2 medium salmon fillets, skin removed
2 cups water
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 onion, diced
3 cups vanilla rice milk
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill, stems removed
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Slice each salmon fillet very thinly into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
2. In a pot, bring water, sweet potato, carrots, and onion to a boil, then reduce to a medium-high heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add rice milk and bring to a boil.
4. Add salmon, dill, and salt, and reduce heat to medium until salmon is done, about 3 minutes.
5. Mix cornstarch with just enough cold water to dissolve and add to soup. Bring soup to a boil while stirring, and allow mixture to thicken for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and serve warm.
nutrition info per serving (4 to 6): 322.9 calories; 4.7 g fat; 1.5 g saturated fat; 30 mg cholesterol; 17 g protein; 52.5 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g fiber; 516.3 mg sodium