Ratatouille with Scrambled Egg Whites
2 cloves minced garlic
1 onion, diced
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 zucchini, sliced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 Japanese/Chinese eggplant, sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
8 egg whites
1. In a skillet, sauté garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add zucchini and bell pepper, and continue to sauté over medium heat for another 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add eggplant and continue to sauté over medium heat until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and all the herbs. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add egg whites; cook until the whites are set but still moist.
5. Place scrambled eggs on a large plate and top with ratatouille.
Nutrition info per serving: 194 calories; 12 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 1 mg cholesterol; 12 g protein; 11 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 543 mg sodium