Indian Spiced Salmon
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets or steaks, about 1-inch thick
2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place the first five ingredients in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Sprinkle salt evenly onto both sides of the fish. Pat spice mixture onto one side of each fillet.
3. Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add salmon, spiced side down, and cook for two to three minutes or until nicely browned.
5. Place salmon in oven, and bake it for five to six minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 266; Protein 34 g; Carbohydrate 1 g; Total fat 13.2 g; Saturated fat 2 g; Cholesterol 94 mg; Sodium 223 mg; Fiber 0.3 g