Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
2 3/4 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (73 percent cacao)
1 cup dried, fruit-juice-sweetened cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and vanilla extract.
3. Fold the wet ingredients into the almond-flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
4. Spoon the dough, 1 heaping tablespoon at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tops of the cookies dry and start to crack—be careful not to overcook. Let the cookies cool on baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook: Breakfasts, Entrées, and More. Copyright © 2009 by Elana Amsterdam, Celestial Arts, An imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA.