Chicken Spinach Salad
For the Dressing:
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt, pepper to taste
For the Salad:
6 cups spinach leaves
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
3 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1/2 cup baby carrots, cut matchstick thin
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup shelled pistachios
2 tablespoons whole-wheat fl our
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 large chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Zest orange and lime, setting aside 1 teaspoon orange zest and 1/2 teaspoon lime zest. Juice orange and 1/2 of lime, reserving second half for chicken.
2. Using a food processor, add juices, zests, cilantro, honey, and mustard. Pulse until well mixed. Add olive oil, a little bit at a time, and pulse until emulsified. Add cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste.
1. Mix first seven ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate, small bowl, mix flour, fruit zests, and cayenne.
3. Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness and dredge in flour mixture.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. After one minute, add oil and chicken breasts. Turn every two minutes, cooking for 10 minutes. Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the chicken. Remove from heat, slice, add to salad, toss with dressing, and serve.
Nutrition info per serving (4): 451 calories; 22.4 g fat; 3.2 g saturated fat; 68.4 mg cholesterol; 33.1 g protein; 31.5 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g fiber; 157.6 mg sodium