Butternut Squash Soup
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped leeks (white parts)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped parsley
2 cups chopped carrots
2 medium potatoes with skin, diced
1 medium parsnip, diced
4 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
6 small zucchini, sliced
4 cups free-range chicken broth
6 cups water
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Add olive oil to a soup pot over medium.
2. Add the celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the leeks become translucent. Add the chopped parsley.
3. Add carrots, potatoes, parsnip, and squash; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add in the sliced zucchini and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
nutrition info per serving: 124 calories; 4 g fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g fiber; 66 mg sodium