4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Remove the outer peel from 4 heads of garlic.
2. Using two tablespoons of butter total, dab each head with butter and place in a baking dish.
3. Sprinkle the garlic heads with thyme, pepper, salt.
4. Add olive oil to the baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes to 1 hour, basting the garlic frequently.
5. Once the garlic is soft, remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.