- January 3rd, 2014
Company contributed nearly $7 million in products and funds to charitable organizations
- January 2nd, 2014Sugar isn’t the only culprit; “time on teeth” more important than people realize
Instead of an expensive gym membership or investing in costly beauty treatments to improve your appearance, consider a resolution to change your snacking habits. It can improve your health and appearance, while also saving you money.
- January 2nd, 2014
Menopause symptoms can disrupt a woman’s life and trigger numerous emotional and physical changes. Not only can these symptoms affect the quality of a woman’s life, but they can also leave her more prone to certain health problems, including cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis. Women who are suffering from problematic menopause symptoms can retake control.
Veggies Are Tasty and Fun if You Learn Their Stories: Children’s Book Brings Mommies and Kiddies Together in the KitchenJanuary 2nd, 2014
Journalist, career woman, and full-time mom, Mihaela Lica Butler released a children’s book that brings a world of magic and cooking fun into the family kitchen.
- December 30th, 2013Peanut and tree nut allergy incidence lower among children whose mothers ate them during pregnancy
Women need not fear that eating peanuts during pregnancy could cause their child to develop a peanut allergy, according to a new study from Boston Children’s Hospital published online Dec. 23 in JAMA Pediatrics.
- December 30th, 2013Apple Valley dentist encourages good oral health practices, including preventive dentistry services, during the holiday season and beyond
During this time of year, it is easy for men, women, and children to put off their usual good oral health routines. However, it isn’t just Santa Claus that comes to visit during the holidays; plaque is also pleased to make its presence known.
- December 27th, 2013
The number of Americans with Alzheimer's is projected to triple by 2050. While there isn't a cure for Alzheimer's, certain lifestyle changes can help prevent cognitive decline.
MySilverAge.com recommends three foods that can help prevent the onset of Alzheimer's by enhancing brain function and keeping the mind sharp.
- December 27th, 2013
The annual nutrition expert trends forecast is in – what fad diets are hot? What's out? Which foods top the list? What are consumers eating?
- December 26th, 2013Largest study to date on nut consumption and mortality in New England Journal of Medicine
In a study published November 20, 2013 in the New England Journal of Medicine, researchers looked at the association of nut consumption with total and cause-specific mortality among 76,464 women in the Nurses’ Health Study and 42,498 men in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study.
- December 23rd, 2013Whether he chooses to build a snowman in the meadow or prance in a field with his reindeer, exercise for Santa is a must, says Dr. David Spencer
Awash in Christmas cookies and candy canes, and participating in an inadequate once-a-year exercise regimen, Santa’s potential health concerns are too many to count. If I were his physician, I would suggest that as he prepares for his busiest night of the year, he should also get ready for a few lifestyle changes.