- December 14th, 2011Whole grains increase fiber intake
The terms whole grains and fiber cause a "whole lot" of confusion and can add up to a "whole lot" of calories for consumers looking to increase the fiber in their diets.
- December 14th, 2011It’s not just about chocolate!
Nestlé, the world’s largest food and beverage company, today reported significant progress in the areas of Nutrition, Health and Wellness (NHW) in the United States during 2011.
- December 14th, 2011Treadmill Desk helps alleviate the risks of a sedentary lifestyle
Sitting at a desk for eight hours a day can be hazardous occupation!
From Cancer to Alzheimer’s Disease, to diabetes, the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle have spawned phrases like “death by desk” have given a new meaning to “this job is killing me!”
- December 13th, 2011Top Veterinary-Recommended Brands Now Available at Emerson Ecologics
To support a proactive and balanced approach to all members of a family, the Emerson Ecologics offers professional nutritional supplements for all customers—people and pets.
- December 13th, 2011Although teen hearing loss is common, a new poll shows that most parents haven't discussed it with their teens.
National data demonstrate that 1 in 6 U.S. adolescents has high-frequency hearing loss. A new report from the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital National Poll on Children's Health shows that many parents don't think their teens are at risk.
- December 13th, 2011
Parents and caregivers everywhere are eager for credible, research-based information on the most effective treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- December 13th, 2011
Routine tooth brushing, flossing, and regular check-ups by a dental professional remains the cornerstone of a healthy mouth. However, according to the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP), pairing a few well-known healthy-lifestyle habits with your daily oral health regimen may also help reduce your risk for periodontal disease.
- December 12th, 2011Research shows mellow piano music triggers soothing emotions and counters road rage
With the holidays approaching, and as short-tempered shoppers and drivers start amassing in numbers, the addition of talk radio, heated political debates, and more bad news of unemployment, the economy and sex scandals can take a toll on even the most light-hearted.
For many, a responsible alternative to "alcohol consumption," and holiday depression, is Christmas music.
- December 12th, 2011Quick tips for holiday cheer
The holiday season is a joyous time of year, yet it is usually accompanied by an onslaught of stress triggers, which can leave people feeling anxious, fatigued and even depressed. Are you feeling overwhelmed, wishing that you could enjoy the holidays?