- January 26th, 2012
With the recent announcement by celebrity chef, Paula Dean, of her battle with type 2 diabetes, the nation has reinvested an important and necessary interest in the disease and nutrition. Over the past two decades, reported cases of diabetes and pre-diabetes have risen dramatically.
- January 26th, 2012Aims to Help the Over 25 Million Individuals in US Affected by Diabetes
As shown on Clinical Trials GPS, the national cost of diabetes in the US now exceeds $174 billion. This includes $116 billion in excess medical expenditures attributed to diabetes, as well as $58 billion in reduced national productivity. On average, people who have been diagnosed with diabetes have medical expenditures that are more than double of those who do not have diabetes.
- January 26th, 2012Kit Identifies the Over-Looked Culprit Behind the Ill-Health
Millions of Americans are burdened with illnesses, which for many are caused by food intolerance. In fact, The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, US Department of Health & Human Services has reported that "food intolerances affect nearly everyone at some point.”
- January 25th, 2012New Flavor Combines Traditional and Unique Cheeses for a Classic Addition to Stone-Fired Frozen Pizza Family
Kashi, the premier natural food and lifestyle company, today introduced its new Kashi Four Cheese Pizza, a tasty and naturally nutritious addition to its family of frozen pizzas.
- January 25th, 2012National Survey Shows Pharmacists are an Underutilized Vitamin Resource, Even With Immense OTC Knowledge
A new nationwide survey finds that on average, pharmacists are significantly less likely to face questions from customers about vitamins and supplements as they are about other over-the-counter (OTC) products and prescription medications. The study also reveals pharmacists' top OTC secrets for a variety of common health topics customers do ask about.
- January 25th, 2012New campaign seeks to educate parents on colic vs. reflux and lactose intolerance
Crosscare Inc, the makers of Colief Infant Drops, have today announced a partnership with nationally recognized, board-certified pediatrician Dr. Bob Sears in a campaign aiming to educate parents and pediatricians about an emerging theory in the diagnosis and treatment of colic. Affecting up to 40 percent of all infants, colic is the No. 1 condition pediatricians are asked about by parents.
- January 25th, 2012CLIF Kid Zbar’s New Iced Oatmeal Cookie Satisfies Cookie Craving with Nutrition Kids Need
CLIF Kid, maker of organic snacks for active kids, today announced nationwide availability of the new Zbar flavor, Iced Oatmeal Cookie.
- January 24th, 2012
Every mom is an Action Hero. Bestowed with the super powers to hug away hurt, find lost socks and solve complex algebra problems, she is an unstoppable force of energy, empathy and inspiration. To celebrate the Action Heroes in everyone’s life, Hyland’s Inc. has launched a free, interactive e-card application that transforms moms into the caped crusaders they truly are.
- January 24th, 2012Election Year Politics and Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act Will Play Key Role in the Lives of Older Adults this Year
With Congress back in session and the presidential election year in full swing, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) encourages older adults and their caregivers to advocate for key issues that could greatly affect their lives, and their livelihoods.
- January 24th, 2012Inspiring Online Campaign Features Tips, Recipes and Ideas for Feeling Better This Year
Lifeway Foods, Inc., is kicking off 2012 with a new campaign that challenges folks to resolve to feel better this year. The inspirational initiative, titled "12 Days to a Better 2012", launches today, and features 12 days of online posts, original recipes, and guest bloggers all focused on getting people to incorporate healthy living and body-positive thinking into their lives.