- December 21st, 2011Authors of Eat This, Not That! All New Supermarket Survival Guide” announce top ten worst supermarket foods
Today, authors David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding revealed a definitive list of the “20 Worst Supermarket Foods in America” as featured in the updated and expanded Eat This, Not That! All New Supermarket Survival Guide (Rodale; Paperback, $19.99)—the essential guidebook for navigating the American supermarket.
- December 21st, 2011
As the New Year rolls in, many people will be looking to better themselves by resolving to lose weight, quit smoking and manage stress. Sticking to resolutions for more than a few weeks, however, is a lofty task that takes a great deal of motivation and even lifestyle changes.
- December 21st, 2011
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) apparent war on Amish raw dairy farmers increased on December 6 when they filed a “motion for summary judgment,” with Pennsylvania judge Lawrence Stengler asking for a permanent injunction against dairy farmer Dan Allgyer to forbid him from selling fresh milk out of state.
- December 21st, 2011Eggs just might help you reach that weight loss goal
With the New Year just around the corner, people across the country will again be making resolutions to live healthier. Unfortunately, more often than not, the determination to shape up and eat right lasts about as long as it takes the ball in Times Square to drop.
- December 21st, 2011Fitness Club Industry Leader Addresses Common Holiday Weight Gain Challenges with Helpful Online Resource
The holidays are officially here and the fitness experts at 24 Hour Fitness are offering insider secrets to avoid the season’s dreaded weight gain. It’s an exciting and happy time of year, but regular fitness routines are often set aside due to holiday shopping, traveling to see family and attending parties where healthy-eating rules are broken.
- December 20th, 2011Aniston inspires women to follow through with New Year resolutions
Jennifer Aniston once again tops the charts, beating fellow hot-body celeb Halle Berry with 38 percent of the vote as the celebrity whose body is most likely to inspire real life makeovers.
- December 20th, 2011Brain-Health Expert Dr. Daniel Amen, Founder of Amen Clinics, Inc., Says “Helmets Are Not Good Enough”
After studying the brains of 115 active and retired professional football players, brain-health expert Dr. Daniel Amen says “playing football frequently causes brain damage.”
- December 20th, 2011
Protecting your pet during the holidays is the best present you can give the newest arrival to your home. Being a responsible pet owner means considering factors like food, supervision, environment and travel plans. “Follow these safety tips to keep your pet happy and healthy this season,” said Keryn Rod of Purebred Breeders.
- December 19th, 2011Cautions that CDC and Others are Failing to Protect Infants
In a letter dated December 5, 2011, the CDC and 11 national organizations encouraged health professionals to advise their pregnant patients to get vaccinated against influenza during any trimester. However, they neglected, once again, to recommend readily available mercury-free vaccines or even to alert doctors that the majority of influenza vaccines still contain mercury.
- December 19th, 2011Goat gives birth at slaughterhouse and gets a second chance at life for her and her kid
For a lucky mother and child, all is calm and all is bright this holiday season. This week, just in time for Christmas, Farm Sanctuary, the nation’s leading farm animal protection organization, will make room at the “inn,” i.e.