- March 15th, 2012Adults 50 Plus Teach Youngsters to Eat Healthier
It’s an age-old problem. You know your children should be eating more fruits, vegetables and lower-fat foods, but how do you convince them to push away the French fries and doughnuts in favor of an apple or carrot sticks?
- March 15th, 2012
CLIF Builder’s, the great tasting high-protein bar, revealed the results of a new survey today showing that most Americans are unsure of how much protein they need on a daily basis, even though they know other essential health and fitness facts like how much water to drink and how often they should exercise.
- March 15th, 2012Low-carb diets boost weight loss and vascular health
A just-released study from Johns Hopkins University has found that dieters that followed a low-carb diet like the Atkins Diet, shed more weight than those on a low-fat diet –10 lbs.
- March 15th, 2012The College of American Pathologists Partners with CollabRx to Provide Decision Support Tools to Patients
No one wants to hear the words, "you have colon cancer." For patients diagnosed with an advanced form of the disease, these words can be particularly devastating. The five-year survival rate can be a little as 6 percent. The top-of-mind question becomes, "Which treatment or clinical trial will work for me?"
- March 14th, 2012Survey also finds consumer confidence remains steady at 84 percent
Sixty-nine percent of US adults take dietary supplements according to a survey commissioned by the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry's leading trade association.
- March 14th, 2012Peanuts already the #1 nut consumed in the US
A major new study titled "Red Meat Consumption and Mortality" concludes that red meat is associated with a thirteen percent increased risk of death and substitution of other healthy protein sources for red meat lowers mortality risk, with nuts being the top choice. Over half the nuts eaten in the US are peanuts and they have more protein than any other nut.
- March 14th, 2012
The team that taught consumers how to call out greenwashing is now launching the Leanwashing Index.
- March 13th, 2012Hormone Experts offer Solution to the Top Food Sensitivities Plaguing Your Health
In honor of National Nutrition Month, the physicians of BodyLogicMD urge you to take a closer look at your diet. Sure, you eat right, you exercise and you visit your doctor at least once a year, but despite your best efforts – your stomach is always upset and your waistline will not shrink.
- March 13th, 2012Many Americans Lack Magnesium, Sulfur and Sulfate; One Solution from Experts: Soaking in Epsom Salt
Many Americans are deficient in magnesium, sulfur and sulfate, experts say. It's a problem that causes a variety of health issues that could be prevented with small changes to diet and behavior, including frequent soaks in Epsom salt.
- March 13th, 2012Expert advice from Dr. Judith Black, medical director for Senior Markets at Highmark Inc.
Americans are living longer and are in better physical condition than their predecessors because today's senior citizens are more aware of the need to remain physically active into their "Golden Years." Whether you are a senior yourself or you are looking for ways to help the seniors in your life live longer, healthier lives, it is important to remember that physical fitness can b