- January 25th, 2012National Survey Shows Pharmacists are an Underutilized Vitamin Resource, Even With Immense OTC Knowledge
A new nationwide survey finds that on average, pharmacists are significantly less likely to face questions from customers about vitamins and supplements as they are about other over-the-counter (OTC) products and prescription medications. The study also reveals pharmacists' top OTC secrets for a variety of common health topics customers do ask about.
- January 25th, 2012New campaign seeks to educate parents on colic vs. reflux and lactose intolerance
Crosscare Inc, the makers of Colief Infant Drops, have today announced a partnership with nationally recognized, board-certified pediatrician Dr. Bob Sears in a campaign aiming to educate parents and pediatricians about an emerging theory in the diagnosis and treatment of colic. Affecting up to 40 percent of all infants, colic is the No. 1 condition pediatricians are asked about by parents.
- January 25th, 2012CLIF Kid Zbar’s New Iced Oatmeal Cookie Satisfies Cookie Craving with Nutrition Kids Need
CLIF Kid, maker of organic snacks for active kids, today announced nationwide availability of the new Zbar flavor, Iced Oatmeal Cookie.
- January 24th, 2012
Every mom is an Action Hero. Bestowed with the super powers to hug away hurt, find lost socks and solve complex algebra problems, she is an unstoppable force of energy, empathy and inspiration. To celebrate the Action Heroes in everyone’s life, Hyland’s Inc. has launched a free, interactive e-card application that transforms moms into the caped crusaders they truly are.
- January 24th, 2012Election Year Politics and Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act Will Play Key Role in the Lives of Older Adults this Year
With Congress back in session and the presidential election year in full swing, the National Council on Aging (NCOA) encourages older adults and their caregivers to advocate for key issues that could greatly affect their lives, and their livelihoods.
- January 24th, 2012Inspiring Online Campaign Features Tips, Recipes and Ideas for Feeling Better This Year
Lifeway Foods, Inc., is kicking off 2012 with a new campaign that challenges folks to resolve to feel better this year. The inspirational initiative, titled "12 Days to a Better 2012", launches today, and features 12 days of online posts, original recipes, and guest bloggers all focused on getting people to incorporate healthy living and body-positive thinking into their lives.
- January 24th, 2012With over six million children in the US now facing peanut and other food allergies, food allergy education in schools is a must.
Happy National Peanut Butter Day! Before you run out with your PB&J, peanut butter smoothie, and Nutter Butter cookies to celebrate, consider the following food for thought: It takes over 540 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of America's most loved sandwich spread.
- January 24th, 2012
Approximately 20 percent of all stroke survivors will develop cognitive problems later in life, including vascular dementia. Experts with the Methodist Neurological Institute in Houston say recent research showing a possible link between vascular lesions and Alzheimer’s disease is yet another reason to be more vigilant in our efforts to prevent a stroke.
- January 23rd, 2012A Healthy Kids' Juice Available at an Affordable Price
Parents looking for an alternative to sugary drinks finally have a healthy option - Go Go Samurai! Saban's Power Rangers Samurai, the No.
- January 23rd, 2012
Every year the New Year brings a new commitment to head to the gym, ditch bad habits and get back on track for living a healthy lifestyle. But while the jury is out on how long this new healthy living will last, MorningStar Farms is joining forces with the Meatless Monday campaign to make every week a new chance to improve eating habits.