- September 26th, 2013Michael J. Fox’s return to network television opens door to conversation about brain health
A new online survey of more than 2,000 US adults, sponsored by The Michael J.
- September 26th, 2013
September 2013 is the seventh annual Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month. As one of the world’s leading atrial fibrillation (AF or afib) awareness-raising organizations, StopAfib.org has shared a wealth of information about this potentially life-threatening disease.
- September 25th, 2013Survey finds some feel they are indispensable and can’t miss work when they’re sick
Cold-and-flu season is notoriously unpredictable, but there’s one thing you can count on: People will get sick. And when they do, many will bring their germs to work, putting others at risk.
- September 25th, 2013
Garden of Life™, the #1 selling whole foods supplements brand in the Natural Products Industry according to SPINS, has received the Non-GMO Project Verification seal for 44 of its Vitamin Code supplements.
- September 25th, 2013Frost & Sullivan: Targeted intake of dietary supplements substantially reduces the risk of disease-related events and associated hospitalization costs
The current US health care system does not place a strong emphasis on preventive medicine. Approximately 75 percent of total healthcare expenses are on preventable diseases, while only 3 percent is invested in disease prevention programs. Although the cost-effectiveness of prevention is still under debate, its role as a component in overall health and wellness is gaining traction.
New Study: Improving Oral Care for People with Chronic Conditions Can Reduce Costs for Employers and Improve Health for EmployeesSeptember 25th, 2013
- *Better dental care for people with chronic medical conditions can reduce medical costs by more than $1,000 per person per year, even after the added expense of providing the dental care
- *Companies that integrate medical benefits with dental benefits can provide their employe
- September 24th, 2013
Some people think consuming refined sugar is harmless. They allow themselves that indulgence every so often, and if they have children, they allow them candy, cake or ice cream. “Hey,” they might say, “we all deserve to enjoy ourselves once in a while; life is short!” Yes it is, and such folks might be making life even shorter.
Americans More Likely To Seek A Second Opinion For A Major Car Repair Than For A Medical Procedure Or Straightening Their TeethSeptember 24th, 2013Cost Savings and Treatment Alternatives are Among Top Reasons to Seek Second Opinions, Experts Say
Millions of Americans wouldn’t hesitate to get a second opinion if their vehicle needed repair, yet a stunning percentage fail to seek a second opinion for important health decisions, a new survey reveals.
- September 24th, 2013Majority of Members Have Chronic Sleep Problems That Point to Insomnia, But They Aren’t Diagnosed With The Condition
Results from a new survey of 5,256 PatientsLikeMe members around the world reveal nearly one-third of respondents—peo
- September 24th, 2013Proactive techniques help combat Empty Nest Syndrome
Parents often look forward to the day their children assert their independence and leave home, but for many parents, that anticipation is met with a surprising reality and complex challenge. Empty Nest Syndrome, a legitimate psychological phenomenon, may leave some parents with feelings of depression, guilt, or an immense sense of loss.