- October 7th, 2013
The Knights of Columbus Stand With Boston Program will provide assistance for people who lost limbs in April's Boston Marathon bombings, the K of C will announce on Saturday.
- October 4th, 2013
This holiday season, Nordic Naturals is proud to promote the “Buy One, Pass it On” campaign, which seeks to provide Ultimate Omega products to veterans and soldiers, both stateside and abroad.
- October 4th, 2013Clinical pathologist and aging expert offers advice on ways older adults can avoid isolation and loneliness
The secret to longevity may be as simple as a few good friends.
According to a recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States, social isolation reduces quality of life and actually increases the risk of death. These findings support the notion that people really need other people to be happy and lead longer lives.
- October 4th, 2013Sharing positive and negative experiences can help your physician prescribe the right fitness plan
It is not a magic pill, but the next prescription from your physician could help control your weight, prevent chronic disease, and improve your overall mood. Yet, it is one of the first items cut from to-do lists whenever life gets too busy: exercise.
- October 4th, 2013Take-home breast self-exam kits and TSH testing available to members and non-members Saturday, Oct. 12, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Sam’s Club is offering women’s health screenings to members and non-members on Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11a.m. to 3p.m. The screenings are free and available to the public at all 576 Sam’s Club locations with a pharmacy.
- October 3rd, 2013
Having “the talk” might be an uncomfortable conversation for both parents and teens. However, sharing small doses of information about sex frequently with their child throughout his or her childhood can make the topic more manageable for parents.
- October 3rd, 2013Time, a lack of walkable communities, and neighborhood barriers such as speeding cars and distracted drivers appear to be deterrents
Americans know that walking is good for their overall health, but many are not walking enough to meet recommended guidelines for health benefits, according to a recent survey conducted by GfK Research.
NFL and the Urology Care Foundation Team Up to Offer Winning Game Plan for Prostate Cancer AwarenessOctober 3rd, 2013
With September marking the kickoff of the pro football season and National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, the Urology Care Foundation and the National Football League (NFL) teamed up to release a new public service announcement focused on educating men about prostate cancer and encouraging them to join the Know Your Stats® campaign.
- October 3rd, 2013Gold’s Gym reveals hidden seasonal “Fitness pitfall,” offers free weekend workouts in October to help consumers stay on track with their fitness goals
With summer coming to a close and daylight hours decreasing, many will let their fitness routines slack as they go from showing off their bathing suit bodies to covering them up. What consumers may not realize, however, is that October is a crucial month for maintaining a healthy weight through the holidays.
- October 2nd, 2013Clif Bar Family Foundation Initiative Addresses Funding Disparity for Organic Agriculture Research
Seed Matters™, an initiative of Clif Bar Family Foundation, today announced four new fellowships totaling $500,000 awarded to PhD students studying organic plant breeding in North Carolina, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.