- July 11th, 2013
1. 140,000 people die each year in situations where first aid could have saved their lives. This is the same number of people that die from cancer
2. 500,000 children under five years old go to casualty annually as a results of accidents in the home
3. Children can drown in as little as one inch of water
- July 11th, 2013Leading health and wellness site breaks down why sleep is important and how to get better sleep.
BeSmartBeWell.com, an award-winning website, is dedicated to helping the public be healthy and safe through increased awareness and simple-to-use knowledge. With its latest topic, sleep, Be Smart. Be Well. examines the importance of sleep and how to improve the quality of it.
- July 10th, 2013
Whether from a supermarket, farm stand, or your very own garden, fresh fruits and vegetables are highlights of summertime. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reminds you that safe handling of produce and fresh-squeezed juice is especially important because these foods are often consumed raw.
- July 10th, 2013Scientists are connecting greater cancer risk for obese patients to bacteria residing in the digestive tract
Michael Feiz, MD, FACS believes that it’s becoming clear that the prevention of cancer is another major benefit of healthy, long-term weight loss that can be fostered by such bariatric procedures as the sleeve gastrectomy and the Lap Band.
New Study Published in Nature Journal, Translational Psychiatry, Pinpoints a Specific Cause for Approximately One-Quarter of Autism CasesJuly 10th, 2013Pediatric Biosciences developing diagnostic test based on findings
Pediatric Biosciences, Inc. (PBI) today announced the publication of a new study showing that a significant percentage of women who have children diagnosed with autism have highly specific autoantibodies in their blood. These autoantibodies target and interfere with fetal brain proteins that play a major role in their child’s neurodevelopment in utero.
- July 10th, 2013
Waiting for a flight at the airport? Why not put that time to good use and learn how to save someone’s life?
The American Heart Association and American Airlines Occupation Health Services are helping passengers learn and practice lifesaving Hands-Only™ CPR while waiting for flights at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
- July 9th, 2013
Summer is here. Families everywhere get ready to make a break for the border. Some may travel to a far-off destination, while others just a car ride away. The annual vacation is meant to rejuvenate, relax, and take one away from the daily grind. However, the one thing we all have in common is the hurried
- July 9th, 2013As part of the third-annual Tree-to-Table campaign, one restaurant in each US state will feature fresh cherries on its menu in honor of National Rainier Cherry Day on July 11
In celebration of National Rainier Cherry Day on July 11, 50 top US restaurants will be dishing up at least one signature menu item featuring fresh cherries from the Northwest highlighting delicious Rainier cherries.
- July 9th, 2013Celebrity Dietitian and FiberChoice® Offer Simple Tips for Healthy Summer Eating
Summer may mean healthier diets for many, but a new survey finds that Americans are missing some key facts when it comes to making healthy summer food choices. FiberChoice® and celebrity dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot, MS, RD—author and creator of The F-Factor Diet—have teamed up to offer simple tips for healthy summer eating.
The OTHER Cause of Wrinkles (and a Solution) Highlighted at 9th World Congress of Dermatology in Athens, GreeceJuly 9th, 2013This may very well be the most significant breakthrough in skin care since the discovery of retinol, says SanMedica International™
Every year, the International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology’s World Congress plays host to some of the top skin experts in the world, with research presentations and exhibits highlighting some of the most cutting-edge dermatology research in the industry. And this year, a breakthrough new product that addresses the OTHER cause of wrinkles stole the show.