- August 21st, 2013ResMed Offers Tips for Creating a Family Sleep Schedule; Solutions to Manage Sleep Apnea in Men, Women, and Children
School is right around the corner, and as families switch from the looser schedules of summer to the schedule-driven fall, sleep is a critical factor of that transition.
- August 21st, 2013
Amazon Origins today announces anti-inflammation benefits for a new-to-market supplement, Amacari, made from 100% camu camu berries sustainably harvested from the Amazonian River Basin in Brazil.
- August 21st, 2013Association Advocates for Continued Use of Antihyperglycemic Medications Within FDA Guidelines
The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) today released its diabetes and ca
- August 20th, 2013Orthopaedic surgeons provide safety tips to avoid football, soccer and other fall sport injuries
The end of summer means the start of practice for soccer, football, volleyball, and other fall sports, and unfortunately, related injuries too.
Statistics from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) show the following results for individuals treated in emergency rooms and doctors’ offices in the US during 2012:
WILDFIRE! American Humane Association Offers Tips to Help Protect You, Your Family and Your Pets Before, During and After a WildfireAugust 20th, 2013
Wildfires are terrifying and dangerous phenomena. Officials are working valiantly to battle the blazes in Idaho but it is important for all families to be prepared. To help, here are some tips from American Humane Association and the experts at its Red Star™ emergency services program to help protect you, your family and your pets in the event a wildfire threatens you:
- August 20th, 2013
Millions of cancer patients find themselves exhausted completing the most mundane of tasks, and extra sleep doesn’t seem to help. Today, they find hope in a supplement that medical researchers have shown to be effective in boosting their energy levels: Wisconsin ginseng.
VSP® Vision Care Launches National “Clicks for Kids” Campaign to Provide Eyecare to Big Brothers Big SistersAugust 20th, 2013Campaign to benefit up to 25,000 Little Brothers and Sisters as they head back to school
This year, it is estimated that approximately 15 million children will go back to school with undiagnosed vision issues. Not seeing properly impacts how a child performs both inside and outside the classroom, as 80 percent of what children learn is through their eyes.
- August 19th, 2013
Not only is America experiencing scorching hot temperatures this summer, but many meals will be extra hot and spicy this upcoming Monday, August 19th, which marks National Hot and Spicy Food Day.
- August 19th, 2013Eye Associates of the South is raising public awareness about the vision risks to adults and children who do not wear sunglasses daily. Only about half of Americans wear sunglasses—and are even less likely to have their children wear them.
The glorious sunshine also causes serious vision problems. Yet nearly half of Americans still do not habitually wear sunglasses.
Sunglasses should be worn year-round. As a public service, Eye Associates of the South in Biloxi is working to increase awareness of this potential danger to vision.
- August 16th, 2013Regional foods shine in Asheville with culinary travel packages and fall recipes
Top chefs and home cooks across the country are returning to traditional dishes and preparations from the past—many of them borrowed from the larders and woodstoves of Southern Appalachia.