- February 19th, 2014The American Optometric Association offers sight-saving advice in recognition of Save Your Vision Month
Vision plays an important role in daily life—every waking minute, the eyes are working hard to see the world around us. In fact, according to the American Optometric Association’s (AOA) annual American Eye-Q survey, 40 percent of Americans worry about losing their eyesight over their ability to walk or hear.
- February 19th, 2014New road race component and more event locations will increase participation, competition, and wellness at every fitness level
Kids of all ages and skill levels will have additional opportunities to participate in the events making up the new Hy-Vee Kids Fit program. The events will build on the kids triathlon offerings Hy-Vee has held in the past, but will expand to include one-mile fun run and 5K options to support wellness and fight childhood obesity.
- February 18th, 2014Orthopaedic surgeons stress moderation and balance to avoid injury
When it comes to exercise, we all want to achieve quicker results. With the emergence of high intensity interval training (HIIT) programs that promise to help us to rapidly reach our fitness goals, many individuals are lining up to participate.
Before jumping onto the HIIT fitness bandwagon, orthopaedic surgeons encourage people to approach exercise programs safely.
- February 18th, 2014PetSmart stores to offer free GREENIES canine dental chews in honor of National Pet Dental Health Month
During the month of February, two of the biggest names in the pet industry are teaming up to promote the importance of good oral health. As a part of National Pet Dental Health Month and the PetSmart “Healthy Teeth.
- February 18th, 2014A pastor’s wife. A successful attorney. The stories of women alcoholics who overcame their shame to seek treatment for addiction.
Amy was a pastor’s wife, mother of three, and model community member. She was also an alcoholic, secretly guzzling wine in her morning coffee mug and hiding her all-day drinking from her family. Like other women who struggle with addiction in private, she had put pressure on herself to be perfect and was ashamed to admit that she wasn’t.
- February 17th, 2014Arriving now in stores across America
One of the hottest new apples in the marketplace is arriving in grocery stores in the next few weeks. Lady Alice brand apples are quickly becoming the most eagerly anticipated apple each winter. As regional varieties begin to disappear from store shelves, the Lady Alice arrives with peak flavor and texture.
- February 17th, 2014As stem cells from the umbilical cord and placenta tissue become more important, Americord attracts a new set of savvy customers
As the scientific community moves forward with ever more therapeutic uses for hematopoietic stem cells and pursues revolutionary medical possibilities for mesenchymal stem cells, expectant parents are increasingly understanding the value of preserving stem cells from not only the
- February 17th, 2014New organic children’s beverage deliciously disguises a full serving of vegetables in each box
Determined to take veggies from “yuck” to “yum,” Sneakz Organic announced today the national launch of its tasty new children’s beverage that delivers one full serving of vegetables in an 8 ounce USDA Organic shake.
- February 17th, 2014
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day and the theme of sharing your love, Geneia is calling attention to heart disease and the simple things that everyone can do to protect their heart.
According to the American Heart Association, there are a number of practices that everyone can employ to help prevent heart disease, including:
- February 14th, 2014
Here’s a brief look at where chocolate comes from, nutritional information, how it’s made, and the ingredients that make chocolate—whether milk, dark, or white—a memorable treat.