- December 20th, 2011Aniston inspires women to follow through with New Year resolutions
Jennifer Aniston once again tops the charts, beating fellow hot-body celeb Halle Berry with 38 percent of the vote as the celebrity whose body is most likely to inspire real life makeovers.
- December 20th, 2011Brain-Health Expert Dr. Daniel Amen, Founder of Amen Clinics, Inc., Says “Helmets Are Not Good Enough”
After studying the brains of 115 active and retired professional football players, brain-health expert Dr. Daniel Amen says “playing football frequently causes brain damage.”
- December 20th, 2011
Protecting your pet during the holidays is the best present you can give the newest arrival to your home. Being a responsible pet owner means considering factors like food, supervision, environment and travel plans. “Follow these safety tips to keep your pet happy and healthy this season,” said Keryn Rod of Purebred Breeders.
- December 19th, 2011Cautions that CDC and Others are Failing to Protect Infants
In a letter dated December 5, 2011, the CDC and 11 national organizations encouraged health professionals to advise their pregnant patients to get vaccinated against influenza during any trimester. However, they neglected, once again, to recommend readily available mercury-free vaccines or even to alert doctors that the majority of influenza vaccines still contain mercury.
- December 19th, 2011Goat gives birth at slaughterhouse and gets a second chance at life for her and her kid
For a lucky mother and child, all is calm and all is bright this holiday season. This week, just in time for Christmas, Farm Sanctuary, the nation’s leading farm animal protection organization, will make room at the “inn,” i.e.
- December 19th, 2011A roundup of 2011 global dairy research highlights the benefits of dairy products
As the New Year approaches, resolutions of losing weight and getting healthier are stacking up all over the world. However, with so many different fad diets, experts, websites and TV shows all touting different (and sometimes miraculous!) methods of how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, accomplishing your resolution can get quite confusing.
- December 19th, 2011Calorie Camp members can share progress, support other members and earn rewards for achievements
Calorie Count, a free award-winning online health and wellness Web site with more than 3 million members, has launched Calorie Camp, the first interactive and educational healthy lifestyle social network with gaming elements.
- December 16th, 2011Managing Holiday Stress with Alzheimer’s Disease
For most families, holidays are filled with opportunities for togetherness and sharing, but for a family dealing with Alzheimer's, holidays can also be stressful and filled with special challenges, according to the experts at the Alzheimer's Association.
- December 16th, 2011
Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) found in seafood are associated with lower risk of heart disease, improved immune function, health advantages in preterm infants and possibly lower risk of suicide, according to new research.
- December 16th, 2011Autism’s strong links to mercury mean new rules will protect kids’ brains
SafeMinds sees a brighter future after the implementation of long-overdue EPA regulation of hazardous air pollution from coal-fired power plants.