- September 16th, 2013This year alone, 795,000 people in the United States will have a stroke. Use MySilverAge’s easy-to-follow brochure to learn how to handle medical emergencies before they happen.
A new study published in the Annals of Neurology shows that the incidence of ischemic stroke decreased by 36 percent among Caucasian or Mexican-Americans ages 60 and older between 2000 and 2010.
- September 16th, 2013September 15 game to raise awareness for prostate cancer and remind fans to “Know Your Stats”
On Sunday, September 15, Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA) will take the field with the Chicago Bears to tackle prostate cancer. The hospital has teamed up with the National Football League (NFL) and the Urology Care Foundation to encourage men to get off the bench and be proactive about their health through the “Know Your Stats” campaign.
- September 16th, 2013California Milk Advisory Board offers lunchbox tips for a seamless back-to-school season
The sun is setting on summer and the hours spent at the pool are now being spent in the classroom. With over 79 million kids back in school this month (US Census), there’s less splashing and lots more lunch bags to be filled.
- September 13th, 2013
Many people try to lose weight or get rid of excess fat that never seems to disappear. Some have tried all the latest diets and failed; others have successfully lost weight, only to gain it back.
- September 13th, 2013
America’s nonalcoholic beverage industry today joined First Lady Michelle Obama and the Partnership for a Healthier America, of which Mrs. Obama serves as honorary chair, in supporting a new initiative designed to encourage Americans to stay hydrated by drinking water.
Why Ubiquinol is one super nutrient that can help millions of Americans better manage the unwanted side effects of cholesterol-lowering statin drugsSeptember 13th, 2013
September is Cholesterol Awareness Month and it’s important for Americans, especially those over 40, to take note of this national awareness campaign because so many in our country are largely uninformed about cholesterol, how it works, why it can be so damaging to our health, and even what the treatment options are.
- September 13th, 2013The perfect age for retirement is seen as 61
No pun intended, but it’s the age old question—what is the perfect age? Is there a perfect age overall? A perfect age for having children or getting married? Obviously circumstances matter but, overall, the perfect age appears to be 50.
- September 12th, 2013Pacing, Repetitive Movements and Difficulty Locating Familiar Rooms Are Warning Signals, says Steve Barlam of LivHOME
It’s become commonplace to hear about seniors with cognitive impairment wandering from home. Often they are found by police or concerned neighbors.
- September 12th, 2013
Two in five Americans (40%) are spending more on health care now than they were one year ago, according to a new Bankrate.com report. Only eight percent are spending less.
- September 12th, 2013Third Annual National Running Event Expands, Showcasing Community Support for Military
The National Veterans Day Run is an annual running event that will be hosted in 40 cities nationwide on November 10 and 11, 2013. Registration is now open for the 2013 event including a 1K run/walk for children, a 5K run, and an 11K run.