- September 12th, 2013Pacing, Repetitive Movements and Difficulty Locating Familiar Rooms Are Warning Signals, says Steve Barlam of LivHOME
It’s become commonplace to hear about seniors with cognitive impairment wandering from home. Often they are found by police or concerned neighbors.
- September 12th, 2013
Two in five Americans (40%) are spending more on health care now than they were one year ago, according to a new Bankrate.com report. Only eight percent are spending less.
- September 12th, 2013Third Annual National Running Event Expands, Showcasing Community Support for Military
The National Veterans Day Run is an annual running event that will be hosted in 40 cities nationwide on November 10 and 11, 2013. Registration is now open for the 2013 event including a 1K run/walk for children, a 5K run, and an 11K run.
- September 12th, 2013
“Just relax and it will happen … put a pillow under your hips … you ARE having sex aren’t you?” Does this sound familiar? For many couples suffering with infertility these frustrating comments are usually filled with good intent, but ultimately they are nothing short of adding fuel to the fire of your stress levels when you are trying to get pregnant.
- September 11th, 2013A healthcare option once reserved for the wealthy may now be the middle class’ best chance to weather the vagaries of post-Obamacare medicine
By Matt Jacobson
If you’re middle class and you think that your relationship with your family doctor is secure, think again.
- September 11th, 2013Proceeds from Sprinkles’ ThinkCure! vanilla cupcakes will support finding a cure for cancer
This week, ThinkCure! is partnering with Sprinkles Cupcakes, the original cupcake bakery, to recognize National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and support children whose days aren’t always so sweet. Sprinkles will donate the proceeds from sales of its specially designed ThinkCure! vanilla cupcakes at its Beverly Hills location.
- September 11th, 2013Mental and Physical Health Concerns Point to a Nation Ill-Prepared for Rising Tide of Long-Term Care
Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) today released the findings of their 2013 Annual Alumni Survey based on responses from nearly 14,000 Iraq and Afghanistan service members – a resounding 52 percent response rate.
- September 11th, 2013
As students pack up their book bags and head back to school, parents must determine how to keep their children healthy and nourished for the coming year. From the time the alarm goes off in the morning till the bell rings at the end of the day, children have the opportunity to excel in the classroom, on the field, and in the lunchroom.
- September 11th, 2013Age-related brain decline may be reversible researchers say
Strategy-based cognitive training has the potential to reverse age-related brain decline according to the results of a study conducted by researchers at the Center for BrainHealth at The University of Texas at Dallas, published online in Cerebral Cortex.
Whether Waking Up During The Night Or Not Falling Asleep, More Than Half Of American Adults Suffer From Sleep ProblemsSeptember 10th, 2013New Survey Results Say Age and Gender Affect the Type of Sleep Problems Americans Experience
Fifty-two percent of American adults have sleep problems, according to a March 2013 omnibus survey of United States adult sleep habits (1,001 adults aged 18+ survey by MidNite®, the drug-free sleep aid,www.midnitesleep.com).