- April 24th, 2012Fresh from the largest gathering of natural health and organic leaders in Western Canada
Holistic nutritionist Joy McCarthy, in partnership with the Canadian Health Food Association (CHFA), today released her top five healthy living trends and tips for spring 2012. Her findings are based on observations in her own practice and interviews with natural health and organic leaders at the recen
- April 24th, 2012
A new survey from the American Cancer Society finds women are 10 percent less likely than men to make time for physical activities they enjoy and that 40 percent of women said they would be more physically active in their free time if it felt less like work and more like play.
- April 24th, 2012Tour underscores The Gateway research mission
After she was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer when she was three weeks pregnant, Lynette Bisconti, president of The Gateway for Cancer Research demandcurestoday.org, was determined she would beat the deadly disease, partly by eating foods that may fight cancer.
- April 23rd, 2012New Book Points to Food, Farming as Key to Improving Health, Environment, and Equality Worldwide
Worldwide, 30 percent of food is wasted, 1 billion people go to bed hungry each night while another 1 billion suffer from health problems related to obesity.
- April 23rd, 2012Judy Baar Topinka's fall prompts orthopaedic surgeons' advisory
Ninety percent of the more than 352,000 hip fractures in the US each year are the result of a fall. Just this week, Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka fell as she was getting onto an elevator at a Springfield hotel and fractured her left hip. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) knows that a fall can be both life threatening and debilitating.
- April 23rd, 2012UCB Inc. Launches First of its Kind Reality Video Series and Facebook Page
To help people learn more about the full range of symptoms associated with Parkinson's disease, global biopharmaceutical company UCB Inc., is launching a new online community -- Parkinson's More than Motion -- that provides a platform for people living with Parkinson's disease and their caregivers to interact and learn from others with the condition. Part of t
- April 20th, 2012
A major change in broadcast advertising occurred this month 42 years ago—as President Nixon signed a bill into law prohibiting cigarette advertising on the nation's airwaves. The ban went into effect on January 1, 1971 and was the first major step in the ongoing debate over the public health risk of smoking.
- April 20th, 2012Winter Fancy Food Show Names the Fig a Top Culinary Trend; Kicks Off Another Year-Long Celebration of Nutritious California Figs
Highlighted as one of the culinary world's trending items by the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, figs took center stage at the 37th Annual Winter Fancy Food show in San Francisco this past January.
- April 20th, 2012Paul Raybould Named Chief Innovation Officer and Senior Vice President of Humane Hollywood Program
American Humane Association, which for 135 years has been the chief force behind nearly every major development and advance improving the welfare of the nation's children and animals, is paving the way for another century of growth and creative ground-breaking work by bringing in Paul Raybould as it
- April 20th, 2012
Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used vehicles, compiled a list of US cities with the most and least eco-friendly car shoppers.