Health and Wellness
- January 10th, 2014Probiotic beverage company unveils new 21-day challenge designed to help naturally renew digestive health
GoodBelly—a line of delicious probiotic juice drinks formulated for daily digestive health—has launched the
Snack like the Stars: Celebrity Trainer Valerie Waters Cracks into the New Year Offering Smart Snacking Tips with PistachiosJanuary 9th, 2014
With the New Year upon us, millions of Americans are resolving to better manage their weight and maintain healthier eating habits in 2014.
- January 9th, 2014This year, get your sweat on with hot new workouts that leverage your own body weight to build muscles, push endurance, and burn calories.
Traditional weight and cardio training classes are a thing of the past. In 2014, fitness fans are flocking to new training regimens that are sure to be this year’s hottest workouts, and they can all be found at SweatGuru, the marketplace that connects people with fitness classes and experiences.
- January 9th, 2014Report examines the impact of digital media on vision health
A report released today at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show by The Vision Council finds that nearly 70 percent of US adults experience digital eye strain while on digital devices, including computers, tablets and smartphones.
- January 9th, 2014International survey conducted by Truvia brand uncovers key insights into the eating habits of consumers in the US, UK, and France
As a New Year begins and people resolve to live a healthier lifestyle, a new survey from the Truvia brand reveals the eating habits of American, British, and French consumers.
- January 9th, 2014
The start of a new year often provides inspiration for making positive life changes, but the best intentions often succumb to busy schedules and excuses.
- January 8th, 2014
When it snows, most children have fun by engaging in snowball fights, sledding, building snowmen, and making snow angels. However, it is important for parents to prepare their children for the cold weather. Outside activities are wonderful as long as appropriate safety precautions are taken.
- January 8th, 2014Sports RD Dave Ellis offers men advice for health and fitness success in 2014
On average, 48 percent of men who make a resolution for the New Year do not follow through on it. In partnership with the American Egg Board, Dave Ellis, registered dietitian and certified strength and conditioning specialist, provides his top 5 tips for men who are ready to accept the challenge of becoming stronger and healthier in 2014.
- January 8th, 2014From health, to work, to home-life and more, people who seek solutions and treatment for hearing loss have everything to gain
Hearing loss is the third-most common health condition in the United States, affecting more than 38 million Americans. It can happen to anyone and can occur at any stage of life, negatively affecting everything from work-life to home-life, relationships with friends and family, and even mental and emotional health. It is for these reasons and many more that Cochlear, the world&rs
- January 8th, 2014Healthy snack solutions featuring Driscoll’s blueberries keep New Year’s resolutions on track
Most afternoons, do you find yourself searching the shelves for something to snack on? If so, you’re not alone. A new survey sponsored by Driscoll’s revealed that 97% of those surveyed indulge in a between-meal nibble at least once a day and almost three-fourths of afternoon snackers feel they should be making healthier snack choices. When does hunger strike most frequently?