Health and Wellness
MyFitnessPal And PEAR Sports Announce Partnership To Help Millions Of Users Get Healthy And Achieve Fitness GoalsDecember 18th, 2013MyFitnessPal’s users gain access to PEAR Sports’ proprietary technology as PEAR Sports extends its reach to MyFitnessPal’s 40 million users
MyFitnessPal (www.myfitnesspal.com), the leading free resource helping people improve their health, and PEAR Sports (www.pearsports.com), developer of intelligent training systems that bolster fitness through real-time customized, interactive coaching, today announced their partne
- December 18th, 2013IBM predicts that in five years everything will learn
Today IBM unveiled the eighth annual “IBM 5 in 5” (#ibm5in5), a list of innovations that have the potential to change the way people work, live, and interact during the next five years.
- December 17th, 2013New ASPCA research finds pets given as gifts are just as likely to be loved and treasured
The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today released findings from its latest research study, which busts a major myth about giving pets as gifts, potentially saving more homeless animals’ lives in the process.
- December 17th, 2013Simple precautions can help prevent heart attacks when shoveling
That snow isn’t going to shovel itself, but Chicago-area residents—particularly those with known heart disease—should take extra precautions when clearing stairs, sidewalks, and driveways of heavy winter snow, said Northwestern Medicine® cardiovascular experts.
- December 16th, 2013It Works! Global offers 8 tips to boost confidence this holiday season
The 2013 holiday season is upon us and that means food, family, and fun. It Works! Global—a consumer lifestyle products company—wants to help you enjoy your holiday season to the fullest with these eight tips:
- December 16th, 2013New biological targets may make asthma in people with obesity easier to treat
Research conducted at Boston Children’s Hospital indicates that obesity might cause asthma via factors in the immune system and suggests a new way of treating asthma in obese people (who often respond poorly to standard asthma medications).
- December 13th, 2013Start exercising in bed and weave in small bursts throughout the day; soak in Epsom salt to soothe muscles, feel relaxed, sleep better
As Americans make New Year’s resolutions to get in better shape, experts who train celebrities and top-ranked athletes offer some surprising tips for improving your health. Their advice includes exercising before getting out of bed, working out at your kitchen counter, and soaking in Epsom salt.
- December 13th, 2013BJ’s Wholesale Club hosts first Holiday Cha-ching Entertaining Savings Event this weekend
Let BJ’s Wholesale Club help deck the halls and make them jolly. Entertain friends and family with ease with a vast selection of gourmet foods, easy heat-and-serve catering-quality appetizers, and decadent desserts—all at great value.
- December 13th, 2013PetPartners’ List of the Most Interesting Ingestion Claims of 2013
A dog is a man’s best friend. They should rewrite that phrase to “a man’s pocketbook’s best friend.”
Only 1% of American dog owners have pet insurance. However, in Sweden, the first policy was written for a dog in 1924. That country still touts a 70% coverage rate for our furry friends.
- December 13th, 2013
Parks full of children playing baseball, tossing Frisbees, and romping around a playground are as American as apple pie. Childhood cancer survivors can be among those active youngsters, reaping the benefits of exercise and youth sports by following post-treatment guidelines and keeping their doctors informed.