Health and Wellness
- February 4th, 2014Prevention is the best medicine
Your heart is the engine of your body. And even though you might think it’s working normally, this major organ requires special care and attention.
- February 4th, 2014
A new study analyzing concussion data for NFL players during the 16-game regular season schedules for 2012 and 2013 may provide insight that could lead to safer play, including a pathway for concussion-prevention strategies. Highlights of the study include:
* NFL players are 30 percent less likely to sustain concussions when playing at higher altitudes
- February 4th, 2014Largest and most comprehensive review of “FIT” finds it is an effective cancer-screening tool
Tests that require patients to collect a single stool sample at home and then send it to a lab for analysis will detect about 79 percent of colorectal cancers, according to a new evidence review published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- February 3rd, 2014French bulldog continues its remarkable rise in popularity
Labrador retriever lovers have spoken! The American Kennel Club (AKC) announced today that the intelligent, family-friendly breed has taken the #1 spot on the most popular list for the 23rd consecutive year, the longest reign at the top in AKC history.
- January 31st, 2014Philadelphia health coach holds “virtual dinner party” teaching women across the world a new way to lose weight
Jessica Procini—a standup comedian turned certified holistic weight loss coach and founder of the web TV series called J-ciniTV—is the brains behind a revolutionary and highly effective way to lose weight that has nothing to do with counting calories or killing yourself at the gym. It’s called Laughing Yourself Skinny.
- January 31st, 2014Crunchmaster will satisfy your guests’ snack cravings
As you prepare for your big game parties, you will want to stock up on great tasting, gluten-free snacks. There is a high probability that some of your friends and family are currently on a gluten free diet. According to Mintel research (June ‘13), nearly one quarter of Americans say that they, or someone in their household, currently eat gluten free foods.
- January 31st, 2014Midwest Dairy Council offers tips for managing lactose intolerance, including better ways to include dairy in your diet
February is Lactose Intolerance Awareness Month, a time dedicated to educating people about a condition that is often misunderstood.
- January 31st, 2014Healthy snacks will be the big scorers this Sunday
Game watchers will end zone dance their way to healthier snacking on Sunday with The Hain Celestial Group, a leading organic and natural products company. The special teams portfolio of organic, natural, and non-GMO snacks, including Garden of Eatin’, Sensible Portions, TERRA, and Bearitos, scores points with fans.