Health and Wellness
- February 13th, 2013
While the majority of Americans are at least aware of atrial fibrillation (AF), many may be unable to identify or may even ignore the warning signs of the disorder.
- February 12th, 2013
Diets lean on meat and rich in healthy fats like olive oil were most effective at promoting weight loss and lowering blood sugar among people with diabetes in a review of evidence from the last 10 years.
Benefits were also seen with diets low in carbohydrates, high in protein or low in simple sugars.
- February 12th, 2013A nutritious diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables might be healthier for humans but not necessarily healthier for the environment, according to a French study. After analyzing the eating habits of about 2,000 French adults, and the greenhouse gas emissions generated by producing the plants, fish, meat, fowl and other ingredients, researchers concluded in The American Journal of Clin
- February 12th, 2013ConsumerLab.com, a leading provider of consumer information and independent evaluations of products that affect health and nutrition, announced Life Extension has been rated number one in four categories in the 2012 ConsumerLab.com survey of vitamin and supplement users.
- February 12th, 2013Vitamin D supplement potency varies widely, and the amount of vitamin D in over-the-counter and compounded supplements does not necessarily match the amount listed on the label, according to a research letter published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine. The analysis showed that the amount of vitamin D in these supplements ranged from 9 percent to 146 percent of the amount listed on the label.
- February 12th, 2013February 14 is right around the corner, and no one wants to spend Valentine's day, or the day after, with a severe headache and some of its accompaniments – nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sound.
- February 12th, 2013Shazi Visram, Founder, CEO and Chief Mom of Happy Family, a leading premium organic food brand, has been lauded by Forbes as among the “Women Who Started Amazing Companies” for creating one of the fastest-growing private businesses in the United States.
- February 11th, 2013
Winter is in full force. With short days and less exposure to sunlight, everyone feels less energetic and more people are vulnerable to depression. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), or winter depression, is a mood disorder related to seasonal variations of light. Symptoms start in late fall and oftentimes last until April or early spring.
- February 11th, 2013
As President Barack Obama prepares to deliver his annual State of the Union address, Feeding America urges our Commander in Chief, other government leaders, and all of our nation's citizens to consider the urgent state of hunger in America today.
- February 8th, 2013
As a Wounded Warrior living with the effects of combat stress, survivor’s guilt, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), I know all too well the impact that recent events can have on my own well-being. As the Alumni Director at Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) I have been reaching out to the thousands of injured service members who are registered with us.