Health and Wellness
- February 27th, 2014New Alcohol Justice fact sheet
Alcohol Justice released a new fact sheet today (available at AlcoholJustice.org) summarizing recent research on alcohol and cancer risk.
Women More Worried Than Men about Being Moved into Senior Housing Facilities When They Can No Longer Care for ThemselvesFebruary 27th, 2014Finding the right facility is key to long-term happiness and aging with dignity
According to a recent Harris Poll survey conducted among adults 6
- February 26th, 2014Leader in green superfoods elevates whole-food nutrition with energy, immunity, protein, and fiber as well as increased bioavailability
Amazing Grass, the nation’s leading brand of plant-based, certified organic, whole-food green superfoods, has expanded its cornerst
- February 26th, 2014American Heart Association program promotes corporate wellness, cultural change
The American Heart Association is encouraging companies that create and promote a culture of physical activity and health to submit an application to be considered for the Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies Award. Applications are due by April 1 and can be found at www.heart.org/fitfriendly.
- February 26th, 2014Led by food and farming experts, the live-streamed TEDx event will explore the food system and sustainability
On Saturday, March 1st from 10:30am-6:30pm EST, the much-anticipated TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” will once again take place in New York City.
- February 26th, 2014Original productions feature inspiring and heartbreaking personal stories of women around the world
Beginning Sunday, March 2, WORLD Channel will celebrate Women’s History Month with impactful programs featuring women and girls facing adversity, overcoming challenges, and leading the way to a better life.
New Campaign Celebrates Everyday Moments of Accomplishment and Enjoyment; Encourages Americans to “Milk Life”February 25th, 2014
America’s milk companies today launched a new multi-million dollar, cross-platform campaign designed to reinforce how milk’s many nutritional benefits—including high-quality protein—can help power the potential of every day.
- February 25th, 2014Focus on footwear, say orthopaedic foot and ankle specialists
It’s not hard to be impressed with the skills of the Winter Olympic athletes. If you’ve been inspired to get out and try some winter sports yourself, keep in mind that sometimes the only thing standing between you and a foot or ankle injury is proper footwear.
Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery to Award 20 Gluten-Free Kids with Summer Camp Scholarships through 2nd Annual Happy Camper ContestFebruary 25th, 2014
The official start of summer might be months away, but Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery is already excited to help kids who eat gluten-free pack their bags for some summer fun.
- February 25th, 2014
The first 24 hours of a child’s life are the most dangerous, with more than one million babies dying each year on their first and only day of life, according to new research published today by Save the Children.