Health and Wellness
- November 11th, 2013UNICEF ready to deliver lifesaving supplies to children in areas hit by the storm
UNICEF expects children to be among the worst affected by Typhoon Haiyan, which tore through the Philippines yesterday. While the full impact of the disaster is still being assessed, an estimated 1.7 million children are believed to be living in the areas hit by the emergency.
- November 8th, 2013Nonprofit issues renewed call for citizens to unite with veterans and veterans organizations
The Disabled Veterans National Foundation (dvnf.org), a nonprofit veterans service organization that focuses on helping men and women who serve and return home wounded or sick after defending our safety and our freedom, is reminding Americans of the importance of Veterans Day.
- November 8th, 2013First large population-based study investigating long-term risks supports need for ophthalmologic follow-up of children and adults born before 32 weeks of gestation
Children born extremely prematurely have up to a 19 times greater risk of retinal detachment later in life than peers born at term, according to a Swedish study published this month in Ophthalmology, the journal of t
- November 8th, 2013Scar removal products company offers insight into the secrets of beautiful skin and how to age gracefully
Scarfade.com, a leader in scar treatment products, has introduced an infographic to help people learn the secrets of healthy-looking skin.
- November 8th, 2013Corgenix Medical Corporation, developer of the AspirinWorks® Test, says study highlights importance of measuring thromboxane biomarker to determine aspirin response
A major new study conducted in Ireland found that 20 percent of patients with established heart disease were not adequately protected by aspirin.
- November 8th, 2013Discover versatile wine pairings for an array of holiday foods and flavors
With so many people and palates arriving at your doorstep to celebrate the season, it’s important to offer an array of adaptable wines that pair with a variety of fall and winter fare. Here to the rescue is a budget-friendly selection of foolproof wines that promise perfect pairings every time.
- November 7th, 20132014 Ranking of Most Walkable US Cities and Neighborhoods
Just in time for 2014 New Year's resolutions to live healthier and save money, Walk Score issued the company's 2014 ranking of Most Walkable US Cities and Neighborhoods.
- November 7th, 2013
Decades worth of research shows that tea—the second most consumed beverage in the world—may help prevent chronic illnesses, including heart disease, certain types of cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- November 7th, 2013
Move over Black Friday and Cyber Monday – here comes Workout Wednesday. In an effort to help individuals combat some of the effects of holiday weight gain (and reinforce healthy lifestyle choices throughout the year), the American Council on Exercise (ACE) today launched a program to help steer the public toward a collective effort to get moving and engage in fitness activities on Nov.
- November 6th, 2013
November is National Diabetes Month, spotlighting a disease that is becoming ever more common in the United States (US).