Health and Wellness
- August 13th, 2013
Athletes, parents, diabetics, patients with dietary restrictions, and health-conscious consumers of all kinds now have a delicious new resource: a brand new web site devoted exclusively to all-natural, “100% peanut” peanut butter.
- August 13th, 2013Expert Tips for College Students Returning to School
As college students pack their bags to head back to school, they might want to think about the potential of bed bugs living in their dorm room. There has been a significant increase in bed bug infestations in recent years, and college campuses are on the list of hot spots where these pests congregate, which also includes hotels, motels, and multi-family housing complexes.
- August 13th, 2013
Childhood obesity is a nightmare, and now there’s more bad news: Overweight kids are consuming far more calories than their doctors or parents realize. That’s according to a new study published in The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology.
- August 12th, 2013Former Green Bay Packer Aaron Taylor and the AASM Warn About Sleep Apnea Danger among High School and College Football Players
As high school and college football teams continue practicing for the fall season, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is advising parents, coaches, and school administrators that young football players are at increasing risk of sleep apnea.
- August 12th, 2013Singles and Couples Can Make the Most out of Summer with Eight Hot Tips
The lyrics of the Drifters classic summer song, Under the Boardwalk say, “Ooh, under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah...On a blanket with my baby is where I’ll be.” That song is written about summertime magic, where you might meet a special someone by the boardwalk for a fun fling or keep the magic in your relationship.
- August 12th, 2013
Perfect attendance is a real challenge for schoolchildren with asthma and allergies. Even so, many doctors, school nurses, and parents believe it’s well within reach for the millions of children heading back to school with these conditions.
- August 9th, 2013In Light of Food Poisoning Outbreaks, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Highlights Free Resources to Help Reduce Food Poisoning Risk
Food poisoning causes 48 million illnesses in the US each year. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages everyone to reduce their risk with simple safety steps from www.HomeFoodSafety.org and by downloading the free Is My Food Safe?
- August 9th, 2013Anesthesiologists Call it “Game Changer”
Technology seen in sci-fi movies is being implemented in the real medical world. For more than 100 million Americans affected by chronic pain, a new FDA-approved neurostimulation treatment can help manage that pain—in many cases without the need for pain medication.
- August 9th, 2013
August is National Breastfeeding Month.
- August 9th, 2013National Pest Management Association Urges Caution When Dealing With These Dangerous Pests
As summer slowly begins to wind down, stinging insects are entering into their most active time of year as they forage for food that will sustain them during the winter.