Health and Wellness
- November 13th, 2013
For the nearly one-third of all United States adults who act as family caregivers, finding fun activities for relatives with dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease can be an impossible task. R.O.S.
- November 13th, 2013Study reveals Greek yogurt extends beyond the dairy case to products from salad dressing to wrinkle cream
Affinnova, Inc., a global marketing technology company that dramatically improves innovation and marketing success rates, today released the results of a new study showing the potential for Greek yogurt to expand beyond the dairy case and become the next super trend in consumer packaged goods.
Progressive Grocer Magazine Names Enjoy Life Foods as First-Ever “Free From” Category Advisor in 2013 AwardsNovember 13th, 2013New category established as free from foods see increased recognition and demand
Enjoy Life Foods (enjoylifefoods.com) has been selected as the 2013 category advisor for the new free from category as design
- November 12th, 2013
Did you know that 56% of Americans who suffer from a cough or cold are still working out at the gym, jumping on public transportation, and liberally shaking hands? And 19% are regularly kissing their significant other.
- November 12th, 2013Veteran’s Day 2013 - Make it a point to thank those that serve
The war to end all wars came to a close 95 years ago today. It was called Armistice Day for the next 30 plus years until a Kansas shoe store owner named Al King had the idea to expand Armistice Day to celebrate all veterans, not just those who served in World War I. By act of Congress, November 11th has been Veterans Day ever since.
- November 12th, 2013Germ experts at Coverall share tips on staying healthy during flu season
Keyboards are often the grimiest surface in your office. Coverall recommends you clean with EPA-registered disinfectants
- November 11th, 2013
“Thanksgiving is fast approaching and many people are feeling a sense of dread,” notes mindfulness blogger Dani DiPirro. “The holiday should fill us with gratitude, but it’s not unusual to feel more panicked than peaceful.
- November 11th, 2013UNICEF ready to deliver lifesaving supplies to children in areas hit by the storm
UNICEF expects children to be among the worst affected by Typhoon Haiyan, which tore through the Philippines yesterday. While the full impact of the disaster is still being assessed, an estimated 1.7 million children are believed to be living in the areas hit by the emergency.
- November 8th, 2013Nonprofit issues renewed call for citizens to unite with veterans and veterans organizations
The Disabled Veterans National Foundation (dvnf.org), a nonprofit veterans service organization that focuses on helping men and women who serve and return home wounded or sick after defending our safety and our freedom, is reminding Americans of the importance of Veterans Day.
- November 8th, 2013First large population-based study investigating long-term risks supports need for ophthalmologic follow-up of children and adults born before 32 weeks of gestation
Children born extremely prematurely have up to a 19 times greater risk of retinal detachment later in life than peers born at term, according to a Swedish study published this month in Ophthalmology, the journal of t