Health and Wellness
New Study: Improving Oral Care for People with Chronic Conditions Can Reduce Costs for Employers and Improve Health for EmployeesSeptember 25th, 2013
- *Better dental care for people with chronic medical conditions can reduce medical costs by more than $1,000 per person per year, even after the added expense of providing the dental care
- *Companies that integrate medical benefits with dental benefits can provide their employe
- September 24th, 2013
Some people think consuming refined sugar is harmless. They allow themselves that indulgence every so often, and if they have children, they allow them candy, cake or ice cream. “Hey,” they might say, “we all deserve to enjoy ourselves once in a while; life is short!” Yes it is, and such folks might be making life even shorter.
Americans More Likely To Seek A Second Opinion For A Major Car Repair Than For A Medical Procedure Or Straightening Their TeethSeptember 24th, 2013Cost Savings and Treatment Alternatives are Among Top Reasons to Seek Second Opinions, Experts Say
Millions of Americans wouldn’t hesitate to get a second opinion if their vehicle needed repair, yet a stunning percentage fail to seek a second opinion for important health decisions, a new survey reveals.
- September 24th, 2013Majority of Members Have Chronic Sleep Problems That Point to Insomnia, But They Aren’t Diagnosed With The Condition
Results from a new survey of 5,256 PatientsLikeMe members around the world reveal nearly one-third of respondents—peo
- September 24th, 2013Proactive techniques help combat Empty Nest Syndrome
Parents often look forward to the day their children assert their independence and leave home, but for many parents, that anticipation is met with a surprising reality and complex challenge. Empty Nest Syndrome, a legitimate psychological phenomenon, may leave some parents with feelings of depression, guilt, or an immense sense of loss.
Calling All Chefs: Vitamix Will Donate Blenders To First 50 Chefs Who Sign Up To Host Childhood Nutrition Day EventsSeptember 23rd, 2013Manufacturer of high-performance blending equipment partners with American Culinary Federation’s Chef & Child Foundation Program to fight childhood obesity
Childhood Nutrition Day is October 16, but the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s Chef & Child Foundation is encouraging chefs to hold awareness events across the country throughout the entire month of October to help kids and families improve the
- September 23rd, 2013Daily nuts consumption reduces by 28% the risk of cardiovascular disease and associated mortality
Leading scientists have released the latest results of the large scale trials related to nuts consumption and health, particularly in myocardial infarction, stroke, and cardiovascular diseases.
- September 23rd, 2013LifeAgain launches BlueMetric Select term life insurance - first program designed for men with active localized prostate cancer
LifeAgain Insurance Solutions Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cardium Therapeutics, today announced its recognition of National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
- September 20th, 2013
Committed to giving each generation what it needs to grow healthy, Nordic Naturals announces the “What’s Essential™ School Supplies Giveaway” where one school will win $3,000 to spend on school supplies.
- September 20th, 2013
As a part of their ongoing SHARE THE AIR commitment to community and education, Nu Century Herbs recently donated packets of their herbal respiratory supplement, Resprin, to Donate Boulder, an organization that provides community-organized flood relief for the victims of the recent Colorado floods.