Health and Wellness
- January 14th, 2014
For many people, the start of the New Year is an opportunity to make lifestyle changes for better health. It is important to remember that big changes begin with small steps.
- January 13th, 2014How simple diet, exercise, and nutrition resolutions can pack a strong punch for improved heart health and better personal wellness in the New Year
Everyone knows that the holidays are a time for spreading and enjoying good cheer, but the merrymaking of the season can also lead us to indulge in heavy eating, poor exercise habits, and possibly a little too much alcohol under the mistletoe.
- January 13th, 2014National conversation on state of youth sports in America airs February 9, 8:00pm ET on ESPN2
ESPN, the Aspen Institute, and the Clinton Foundation have come together to facilitate a powerful conversation about the role of sports in the lives of children and the health of the nation through a premiere
- January 10th, 2014Only half of Americans with glaucoma know they have the common, potentially blinding, eye disease
More than 2.7 million Americans aged 40 and over are affected by glaucoma, a leading cause of irreversible blindness, yet only half of those affected know they have the disease.
- January 10th, 2014Organic protein shake brand teams up with A-list fitness trainer Michelle Lovitt to provide game plan for looking and feeling good this winter
To ring in the New Year and help make health and fitness resolutions stick through the winter and beyond, CalNaturale Svelte®, the premium line of USDA Certified organic protein shakes that provides great taste, sustained nutrition, and energy through pure and simple ingredients, is offering simple ways for people to
- January 10th, 2014
Prostate cancer continues to be the most common cancer in men, accounting for about 1 in 4 new cases, according to data recently published in CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. The estimated number of new cases and estimated deaths from prostate cancer both decreased slightly for 2014, by 3 percent and 1 percent, respectively.
- January 10th, 2014Company takes silver in Best in Biz Awards 2013
NBTY, Inc—a leading global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality vitamins and nutritional supplements—has been named a silver winner in the category “Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year” by the Best in Biz Awards.
- January 10th, 2014Probiotic beverage company unveils new 21-day challenge designed to help naturally renew digestive health
GoodBelly—a line of delicious probiotic juice drinks formulated for daily digestive health—has launched the
Snack like the Stars: Celebrity Trainer Valerie Waters Cracks into the New Year Offering Smart Snacking Tips with PistachiosJanuary 9th, 2014
With the New Year upon us, millions of Americans are resolving to better manage their weight and maintain healthier eating habits in 2014.
- January 9th, 2014This year, get your sweat on with hot new workouts that leverage your own body weight to build muscles, push endurance, and burn calories.
Traditional weight and cardio training classes are a thing of the past. In 2014, fitness fans are flocking to new training regimens that are sure to be this year’s hottest workouts, and they can all be found at SweatGuru, the marketplace that connects people with fitness classes and experiences.