Health and Wellness
- February 4th, 2014Largest and most comprehensive review of “FIT” finds it is an effective cancer-screening tool
Tests that require patients to collect a single stool sample at home and then send it to a lab for analysis will detect about 79 percent of colorectal cancers, according to a new evidence review published in the Annals of Internal Medicine.
- February 3rd, 2014French bulldog continues its remarkable rise in popularity
Labrador retriever lovers have spoken! The American Kennel Club (AKC) announced today that the intelligent, family-friendly breed has taken the #1 spot on the most popular list for the 23rd consecutive year, the longest reign at the top in AKC history.
- January 31st, 2014Philadelphia health coach holds “virtual dinner party” teaching women across the world a new way to lose weight
Jessica Procini—a standup comedian turned certified holistic weight loss coach and founder of the web TV series called J-ciniTV—is the brains behind a revolutionary and highly effective way to lose weight that has nothing to do with counting calories or killing yourself at the gym. It’s called Laughing Yourself Skinny.
- January 31st, 2014Crunchmaster will satisfy your guests’ snack cravings
As you prepare for your big game parties, you will want to stock up on great tasting, gluten-free snacks. There is a high probability that some of your friends and family are currently on a gluten free diet. According to Mintel research (June ‘13), nearly one quarter of Americans say that they, or someone in their household, currently eat gluten free foods.
- January 31st, 2014Midwest Dairy Council offers tips for managing lactose intolerance, including better ways to include dairy in your diet
February is Lactose Intolerance Awareness Month, a time dedicated to educating people about a condition that is often misunderstood.
- January 31st, 2014Healthy snacks will be the big scorers this Sunday
Game watchers will end zone dance their way to healthier snacking on Sunday with The Hain Celestial Group, a leading organic and natural products company. The special teams portfolio of organic, natural, and non-GMO snacks, including Garden of Eatin’, Sensible Portions, TERRA, and Bearitos, scores points with fans.
- January 30th, 2014
As the biggest football game of the year draws near, so do game day parties full of calorie-laden finger foods that can easily deter us from our healthy lifestyles.
- January 30th, 2014
The Farm Bill that the House passed today and the Senate will vote on contains a provision that overrides a ruling by EPA that the toxic fumigant, sulfuryl fluoride, leaves unsafe levels of fluoride on food, reports the Fluoride Action Network (FAN).