Health and Wellness
- February 28th, 2014
The role of the so-called "obesity hormone" leptin and hormones used for birth control in the development of multiple sclerosis (MS) is examined in two new studies released today that will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's 66th Annual Meeting in
- February 27th, 2014Buckeye Community Health Plan (BCHP) offers tips for heart disease prevention that can save lives
“According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in this country.,” said Ronald Charles, MD, vice president for medical affairs for Buckeye Community Health Plan.
What Causes Cavities? Here Are The Best Ways To Avoid Pain, Gum Disease, Dental Emergencies and ImplantsFebruary 27th, 2014Warning, you’re going to want to brush your teeth after reading this
Very few people truly understand where their cavities are coming from, reports Dr. Joseph Field at the nationally recognized Peninsula Center of Cosmetic Dentistry. Equating cavities with eating sugar is too simplistic, he notes, and everyone needs to learn the full details if they want to save tens of thousands of dollars in dental bills, not to mention pain.
- February 27th, 2014New Alcohol Justice fact sheet
Alcohol Justice released a new fact sheet today (available at AlcoholJustice.org) summarizing recent research on alcohol and cancer risk.
Women More Worried Than Men about Being Moved into Senior Housing Facilities When They Can No Longer Care for ThemselvesFebruary 27th, 2014Finding the right facility is key to long-term happiness and aging with dignity
According to a recent Harris Poll survey conducted among adults 6
- February 26th, 2014Leader in green superfoods elevates whole-food nutrition with energy, immunity, protein, and fiber as well as increased bioavailability
Amazing Grass, the nation’s leading brand of plant-based, certified organic, whole-food green superfoods, has expanded its cornerst
- February 26th, 2014American Heart Association program promotes corporate wellness, cultural change
The American Heart Association is encouraging companies that create and promote a culture of physical activity and health to submit an application to be considered for the Association’s Fit-Friendly Companies Award. Applications are due by April 1 and can be found at www.heart.org/fitfriendly.
- February 26th, 2014Led by food and farming experts, the live-streamed TEDx event will explore the food system and sustainability
On Saturday, March 1st from 10:30am-6:30pm EST, the much-anticipated TEDxManhattan “Changing the Way We Eat” will once again take place in New York City.
- February 26th, 2014Original productions feature inspiring and heartbreaking personal stories of women around the world
Beginning Sunday, March 2, WORLD Channel will celebrate Women’s History Month with impactful programs featuring women and girls facing adversity, overcoming challenges, and leading the way to a better life.
New Campaign Celebrates Everyday Moments of Accomplishment and Enjoyment; Encourages Americans to “Milk Life”February 25th, 2014
America’s milk companies today launched a new multi-million dollar, cross-platform campaign designed to reinforce how milk’s many nutritional benefits—including high-quality protein—can help power the potential of every day.