Health and Wellness
- October 22nd, 2013
The teenage years are a busy time for young people and parents and are filled with changes of many types: physical, emotional, and environmental. Many changes take place over the teen years physically, emotionally, and socially.
- October 22nd, 2013New data shows market leaders in six Asian countries have shifted to low-lead products, though overall lead in paint levels remain high
Despite bans on lead in household paint in most Western countries, a new study from the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) finds that the majority of paints tested in nine geographically diverse developing countries would not met regulatory standards established in most highly industrialized countries and, in some cases, contain astonishingly high and dangerous levels of lead.
- October 22nd, 2013Families could save nearly $11,000 annually if long-term care plans were made earlier
More than half of family members serving as primary caregivers for loved ones have lost income due to the demands of providing care. The study, Beyond Dollars: A Way Forward, also found that caregivers whose loved ones did not have long-term care insurance face additional stresses including covering the cost of daily living, medical costs, and other support-type needs.
- October 22nd, 2013
As Halloween approaches, trick-or-treaters excitedly anticipate all the candy they will gather. While brushing twice a day and visiting the dentist every six months are preventive measures, children’s teeth also benefit by limiting the candy they consume.
- October 21st, 2013Children at Learning Care Group schools nationwide embrace healthy lifestyle program
Stop what you’re doing. Turn up the music and dance!
- October 21st, 2013Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance and The Balanced Mind Foundation join forces
The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) and The Balanced Mind Foundation (TBMF) are joining forces to improve the mental health of, and facilitate wellness for, individuals living with mood disorders from childhood through adulthood.
- October 21st, 2013Find your perfect apple match & ways to enjoy on apple growers’ new AppletizeMe.com website
If you were an apple, what type of apple would you be? As peak apple season arrives, the US Apple Association (USApple) helps you get to the core of the matter with AppletizeMe, an online destination that matches your personality traits to your ideal apple variety.
- October 18th, 2013Hundreds of salons participate in second annual charity event to benefit breast cancer awareness
More than 350 salons will band together in solidarity on Tuesday, October 22, for the second annual Caring is Sexy Cut-A-Thon, a marathon styling event organized by hair care brand Sexy Hair in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- October 18th, 2013“The right food for the right mood.”
The Meehl House currently offers the only transitional residential home specializing in dialectical behavioral therapy that is an “Amen Brain Healthy Treatment Program” for clients with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, PTSD, depression, and substance abuse.
- October 18th, 201315 new recipes featuring grapes from California, tips for healthy eating and entertaining
A new video series, starring five of the most recognized registered dietitians in the country, debuts with 15 new regionally inspired recipes featuring grapes from California, plus tips for healthy eating and entertaining.